What we do
Our service consists of well-qualified, highly experienced advisers to work alongside your existing team, particularly during peak periods.
Available at short-notice and able to rapidly turn around project briefs, we are here to meet your service’s short and medium-term needs, whilst simultaneously enhancing student’s prospects.
Below are some examples of how we have supported a number of our clients.
Online and on campus, providing face-to-face and digital advice and guidance
- Worked in partnership to support a university as a global centre of learning with campuses in London, Dubai, Malta and Mauritius. Supported 9,000 students during an academic year through one-to-one and one-to-many activity. Recognised for rapid response times and enhancing student’s experience of the service.
- Collaborated with a top 50 ranked university to produce ‘employment ready graduates’, supplying temporary advisers to cover short to medium-term absences or vacancies, as well as delivering out of hours support for students via telephone, email and web-chat.
Delivering workshops for faculties, specific subjects, and empowering groups of students with similar aims and career goals
- Supported a university to deliver a customised international internship programme. Engaging with a cohort of both American and Japanese students to find 12 week internships. 95% of the participants were successfully placed in suitable career enhancing roles.
- Delivered a group-based mentoring programme for students disengaged from the regular timetable, targeted at those deemed at risk of becoming NEET upon completion of academic study, or simply those lacking in confidence to take the required steps in career decision making.
Increasing interactivity between students and employers - both SMEs and corporates - to support the securing of placements, internships and graduate jobs
- Managed the recruitment process for a well-known multinational to support their efforts to recruit summer interns, screening candidates and running a mock assessment centre on campus to ensure student work-readiness.
- Supervised a university's previously underperforming Santander Internship Programme. Managed the initiative for three consecutive academic years, ensuring full allocation of funding for students, whilst developing long-term relationships with SMEs recruiting through the scheme.
Management of industry focused on-site activities to connect students with professionals across a variety of sectors
- Produced innovative and successful student and employer initiatives including: A Day with.... events, employer industrial panels and speed networking evenings with an institution's alumni.
- Designed, planned and launched Gradstock, a unique summer careers and employment festival for second and third year students, where over 40 of our SME clients and corporate partners joined together to meet 600 students from a London-based university.
Delivering intensive support for specific student cohorts to increase placement and graduate outcomes
- Our team of advisers led a 150% increase in the number of STEM students completing credit-bearing work experience in one year, whilst simultaneously expanding student horizons to work and study abroad - achieving 80% of students securing an Erasmus placement with one of our university partners.
- Completed over 6,000 evening calls to recent graduates countywide providing careers and job-search advice, CV feedback, and interview/assessment centre guidance.
Increasing students online engagement with a Careers service, showing a strong understanding of the target audience and their preferred channels for keeping in touch
- Created a service's first employability blog, peaking at 11,400 views from around the world and consequently, building a university's reputation globally.
- Implemented and managed a service's social media channels and management dashboard, increased engagement across the university including connecting with over 4,000 students on LinkedIn and receiving an abundance of student feedback and testimonials.
Creation of tailored subject resources, including guides, templates and hand-outs to help students navigate their career
- Purchased and developed a service's first website, engaged with over 10,000 active users, managed a jobs board and created an improved resources platform, including interactive tools and subject specific guides, whilst also being recognised for best practice when producing a customised student newsletter.
- Built careers and employment into the curriculum by identifying barriers and researching students' lived experience. Engaged 16 programmes at an institution with our Art Employability Toolkit, increasing the visibility of self-employment/portfolio career options for students, providing them with the skills to enter industry.