Securing your data
In today's business world, how you manage your data is crucial to improving operational efficiency. Protecting and accommodating your data within a leading data centre facility will ensure you reduce wastage, cut costs and minimise risk. The SC-2 Data Centre, created through a partnership between Exemplas and ServerChoice, is among the most advanced, secure, resilient and energy-efficient facilities in the UK.
SC-2 Data Centre elements
The SC-2 Data Centre from Exemplas and ServerChoice delivers:
- up to Tier 4 resilience and a minimum of N+1 redundancy across all major components
- state-of-the-art energy-efficient cooling technology, with a target PUE (Power Usage Effectiveness) of 1.2; and energy efficient UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) systems
- exceptional security, including a perimeter fence and barrier entry manned round-the-clock with CCTV, intruder alarms, a GSM (Global System for Mobile) alarm system; and full dual-presentation access control
- reinforced flooring accommodating up to 1200 kg per cabinet
- dual VESDA fire detection and FM200 suppression system
- back-up generators with emergency refuelling contracts
- multiple diverse fibre links into the data centre, located at different entry points and no less than 5 metres apart.
- ultra-low latency connectivity with no single point of failure
- 24x7x365 Network Operations Centre (NOC)
- controlled and monitored environment – room temperature 23°C +/- 1°C.
The benefits to your business
Cast-iron security and resilience: a purpose-built data centre providing maximum protection and resilience for your data.
Cutting your carbon footprint and costs: featuring the latest eco-technologies, the SC-2 Data Centre delivers lower power consumption and costs.
Secure and convenient location: the data centre is located at a low security-risk location in Welwyn, conveniently close to major roads, motorways and airports.