International Trade Executive, Welwyn Garden City
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) in the East of England works with regional businesses to maximise their success in international markets. An opportunity has arisen to join the Trade Team as an International Trade Executive to provide customer service contact for businesses looking to grow in international markets.
Main duties will be to:
- Provide first point of customer service contact for businesses including initial assessment of the client’s needs and provision of relevant information, research, guidance and assistance.
- Support UKTI services and events and those of our partners to raise the profile of UKTI and the importance of international trade, including capture of relevant data and compilation of MI.
- Manage interactions with clients, colleagues and management effectively upholding the values of the company and the UKTI Trade Team
- Provide administrative support to the Trade team and assistance with event management including occasional event attendance.
- Conduct customer follow up and feedback service.
The candidate will demonstrate:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a busy work environment involving one or more of the following: sales, call centre, customer service, customer and/or public telephone contact, or similar.
- Understanding of some of the challenges and issues facing potential, new and experienced exporters.
- Confident use of prime ICT systems including Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows Explorer with the ability to quickly become familiar with other ICT systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Preferably vocational qualification in Customer Service.
- Commitment to achieve accreditation (within one-year of appointment) under the nationally defined standards of competencies for client facing staffs and to maintain competencies for on-going re-assessment view as required
36 hours per week, non-contributory pension, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, Life Assurance
To apply forward your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is: 5th June 2015